Oracle Function & .NET sysdate problem

After I shared one solution about oracle, iis and sysdate problem, I got another similar error. This time, the function was getting the paramater sysdate with time added. I noticed this because the function was calculating default insterest of a price, and each hour it was increasing the total amoun.

After many tries, I removed NS_LANG key from reg entry of Oracle. See below.


If it doesnt work, try to add your language and setting, Turkish in my case.



#ns_lang, #oracle, #sysdate

Simple Oracle Database Query

Simple but needed.

public bool Login() {
            OracleConnection connection = new OracleConnection(SharedProvider.AppParams.ConnectionString);
            OracleCommand command = connection.CreateCommand();
            command.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM USERS WHERE NO=:NO AND PASS=:PASS";
            command.Parameters.AddWithValue(":NO", no);
            command.Parameters.AddWithValue(":PASS", password);
            OracleDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader();
            bool result = reader.Read();
            return result;

Changing .NET Globalization for chars

You may see invalid chars after a fresh install in IIS 7.0,  from here you can change IIS char settings